Monday, December 2, 2013

Why write?

As I mentioned in my first post, I've started completely fresh with this blog, and some of you might be wondering why I decided to start over from scratch instead of just picking up where I left off last time. So, I'm going to answer some questions you may be asking yourself. 



1. Why did you start over?
I had been thinking for a couple of months about what I wanted to do with my writing. Wondering if I wanted to write again, questioning if I had the time for it, thinking about what I would write about. As I was in the middle of the one of the busiest semesters of my entire life, my roommate asked me, "Kaitlyn, what do you do for yourself?" When she asked me that, I honestly didn't have an answer. I like to read to relax, but that doesn't necessarily provide me with a way to work things out. I just escape into a book and that's it, but I am still left rolling around the same questions and ideas in my head. I told her, "I used to write a blog, but I ran out of time so I don't do that anymore." The conversation just kind of dropped off there, but I came back to wondering whether I wanted to start doing this again.

After sharing a few writing assignments with a handful of people, there was a lot of encouragement from them for me to continue writing. After my friends and a couple of my professors told me that I should be doing something with my writing, it made me consider it more seriously. Not only that, but I know that when I write it helps me. It's healing, stress relieving, and it's a good way to come back at a later date and see where I was and what I was  doing on a specific day a few years prior. In a sense, it's like proof that I've grown, and that I'm not the same person I once was.

So, all of this brings us back to the original question. The reason for starting completely from scratch is due to the fact that I started my first blog when I was 18. I didn't know what I was doing (I still don't), and when I look back on my old blog I can see the development that was still taking shape in my writing and in my life. I want my new blog to be more professional and reflect who I am now. I've experienced a lot in the last five years of my life, and have grown up significantly, and I want my blog to convey that.

2. What will you write about? 
I want this to be a place that I can come to and just be me. I enjoy giving people a peek into my life, so much of my writing will be based off of what's going on throughout my days. But! Most importantly, I want to reflect Christ through my writing and through what He is doing in my life. He's holding everything I'm a part of in His hands, and I want to make sure that I bring glory and honor to Him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really excited to be on this writing journey again, and am ready to get the ball rolling. Thanks for coming along with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!