Thursday, December 5, 2013

Finishing well...

(Before the last filming of chapel for this semester.)

(The last homework assignment of the semester.)

This week is the last week of classes at Southeastern. Students everywhere are rushing to their last classes, getting final homework assignments in, and are hunkering down in the library and coffee shop to get everything done.

Coming back to school for a week and half after being gone for Thanksgiving for over a week is tough. You're at home for just enough time to get comfortable and settled back in, then you have to pack up, come back to school, put your head down and keep moving. Motivation is lacking and eyes and hearts are set on being home for the holidays.

With these feelings welling up inside and distractions it can be difficult to do everything to the best of your ability. For example, I've spent the last two days attempting to write my last paper, which would conclude all homework assignments for this semester. My frustrations toward writing this paper were clearly displayed on Facebook and Twitter. And for goodness sake! The paper only had to be 1,000 words! I kept saying in my head, "I don't care. I'll be fine just as long as I finish this ridiculous paper."

It can be easy to throw in the towel at the very end of a long, busy, and stressful semester. For me, this semester is the most stressful one I've ever had. I've never taken so many credits in my college career, never had so many things going on at one time, and I certainly don't know how I'm still standing on the other side of it.

All of this brings me to the point of this post. Just two words...

"Finish well." 

Yes...That's what I want. That's what most of us want at the end of anything that we've put many hours into. Like I said, it can be easy to want to throw in the towel at the end, but remember: You've worked hard to get to where you are standing right now. Put your head down, keep working, and stand at the finish line, looking back, knowing with confidence that you did the best that you could.

Happy final-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!