Sunday, December 1, 2013

On Thanksgiving...

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! I certainly did. This year was a special one for my family because all of my siblings were finally able to be together under one roof after years of not being together for various reasons. I come from a big family...two older twin brothers, and four younger step-siblings. With various different life things over the last few years, it just hasn't been possible for all of us to be together. So, this year was super special for us. My oldest brother, Clayton, is going off to the Navy soon and he hasn't been with us on Thanksgiving in FOREVER.

Thanksgiving morning was spent with my brothers and our Dad. He cooked up a great breakfast feast. It was a really great time. We worked our breakfast off by crowding around the TV and playing one another in Nintendo 64 games. Remember that thing? We played classics from our childhood like "Diddy Kong Racing," and my brothers beat me by a landslide. Some things never change...

The afternoon was spent at home with my step-siblings playing games and enjoying the company of one another. My step-sister, Sarah, and I are currently away at school, and don't get the opportunity to see one another that often these days. We took a walk and filled one another in on our lives, college frustrations, and the exciting things that are going in our lives. I sure do love that girl!

And, of course, there was the food. My mom cooked up a great feast, and we all ate and ate...and ate. Then we relaxed a bit, then we had pie. And let me tell you...you have not had pie until you've had my Mom's apple pie. It is so so SO good. The one thing that sets it apart from all other pies is the topping. It's all cinnamon and sugar, and it's perfect with the slight sour taste of the green apples in the pie. Yes, we feasted on that, too. My favorite quote from the entire day was "Dreidel dreidel dreidel I made it out of clay, dreidel dreidel dreidel no more pie for me today."

It was a really great day, and I'm so grateful. Grateful for an abundance of good food, family, good health, love, and the many blessings in my life.

How was your day spent? What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!