Thursday, December 12, 2013

Getting Christmassy...



...finally! After a whirlwind eight days back at school spent finishing up the semester with last papers and finals, and packing up my dorm room, I've made it back home for the holidays. I couldn't be happier.

When I walked in the door on Tuesday afternoon, I threw my arms up in the air in happiness when I walked by our delightful smelling undecorated Frasier Fur. I was dreaming of getting my hands on the tree, stringing lights, and hanging ornaments all around it. And tinsel! I love tinsel...am I the only one?! Please tell me I'm not the only one. 

Over the last couple of years, my mom has gotten into buying vintage ornaments for our tree, and half of our tree is filled with these beautiful, hand-blown, hand-painted ornaments. It looks so classy. I love it! 

Really, I feel like I could just say "I love it!" over and over again. Because I'm just so happy to be home, and the Christmas season is my favorite time of the year. ...aaaaaand I can finally listen to Christmas music without people judging me (I'm one of those year round listeners). 

I'm wanting to try making up one of those homemade potpourri things that simmers on the stove all day. I just want to soak up all of this time and make everything festive and fun. 

Yay Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!